Admission to KU
Apply to KU as a Non-Degree Seeking Student.
***The application period for fall 2022 is now over, and application links have been removed. Information will be updated for spring 2023 soon.
Which describes you?
I took a Blueprint course the semester prior to my next course.
If you are taking Jayhawk Blueprint courses during consecutive (back-to-back) semesters, you only need to complete the Non-Degree Seeking student application the first semester in which you are taking a Jayhawk Blueprint course.
For example, if you are currently enrolled in a Jayhawk Blueprint course and are planning to take a course the upcoming semester, you do not need to complete the Non-Degree Seeking student application again.
I have never taken a Jayhawk Blueprint course or had a break in semesters since my last Blueprint course.
If you took a Jayhawk Blueprint course one semester, did not take a Jayhawk Blueprint course the next semester, and then want to take a Jayhawk Blueprint course again, you will need to complete the Non-Degree Seeking application again because you have not been enrolled in consecutive semesters.
For example, if you took a Jayhawk Blueprint course in the past but did not take a Jayhawk Blueprint course the semester prior to when you want to take your next course, you need to complete the Non-Degree Seeking student application again because there was a break in your KU enrollment.
If you are applying to KU for your first Jayhawk Blueprint course or you have had a break in the semesters in which you took a Jayhawk Blueprint course, follow the steps below.
Instructions on How to Apply
As a Jayhawk Blueprint student, you will not need to pay an application fee.
- Go to the Non-Degree Seeking student application specifically for Jayhawk Blueprint students and complete the entire form.
- Select whether you are a returning or first-time user, as appropriate, and follow the directions.
- When asked to enter your email address, we highly recommend you do not enter your USD 497 email, as KU emails are often blocked by that service; enter your personal email address--one you will check often.
- In the “Your Plans” section, make sure to select “Yes” to “high school student” and “yes” to “Blueprint student.”
- When asked to select the name of your school, make sure to select the option that includes “Lawrence, KS” after the name of your school.
- Make sure to complete all questions and submit.