Parent/Guardian Resources

Jayhawk Blueprint is a partnership between The University of Kansas and the Lawrence Public Schools to offer college courses at a discounted rate in the high schools taught by qualified high school instructors. Upon successfully completing the course, students earn both high school and college credit that can be applied to a KU degree or transferred to other institutions, depending on the other college’s requirements. Credits should transfer to other Kansas public institutions.


First, to enroll in the Jayhawk Blueprint course(s), your student needs to talk to their high school counselor and enroll within their high school. This happens during typical enrollment times set by the high school.

Apply to KU as a Non-Degree Seeking Student or Complete the Jayhawk Blueprint Sign-Up Form

If your student is new to Jayhawk Blueprint OR did not take a Jayhawk Blueprint course the previous semester, they will have to apply to KU as a non-degree seeking student—the $40 application fee is waived! For example, if a Jayhawk Blueprint course was taken in the fall, another non-degree seeking student application does not need to be completed again for the spring.

However, if your student completed a Jayhawk Blueprint course the previous semester, they will need to complete the brief Jayhawk Blueprint sign-up form needs to be completed only if the student took a course the previous semester. The information will help the Jayhawk Blueprint team gather important information, including consent and contact information for you and your student. Your student will work with their high school counselor to complete the process, as needed.

Enrollment in KU Classes

This step does not require any action on the part of the student (or parent/guardian). If they are enrolled at their high school and have completed the necessary sign-up form or non-degree seeking application, the Jayhawk Blueprint team will take care of enrolling your student each semester, if your student does not have an outstanding balance! A zero tuition and fees balance must exist for enrollment to be processed at KU. If a student cannot be enrolled at KU, they will not earn college credit.

Email Communication

When completing the Jayhawk Blueprint sign-up form or non-degree seeking student application, have your student include an email address they will check regularly; important information from KU and USD 497 will be sent to that email. We also recommend that your student forward their KU email address to a personal email address that they will check regularly, such as a Gmail or Outlook address.

Parents must complete a portion of the Jayhawk Blueprint sign-up form and/or non-degree seeking student application to acknowledge participation and financial commitments. Be sure to add your email address to the form to receive limited, but important, correspondence from the Jayhawk Blueprint program regarding timelines, bills, deadlines, etc. Check your email spam/junk folder regularly as communication may end up there.

KU ID Number & Online ID

KU ID Number

After your student has been accepted to KU, their ID number will be mailed to them from the Office of Admissions via standard mail. Keep this document in an easily accessible place, as that ID number will be needed to create an official username and password to log into Enroll & Pay (see below) and may be required for other login and verification purposes. Your student can contact their high school counselor if they need their ID number.

KU Online ID

A KU online ID is different from the KU ID number. It is a unique set of letters and numbers (e.g., a123b456) that will serve as your student's "username" at KU. Once your student receives their KU ID number, they will use it to set up their KU online ID and password. Your student will use their KU Online ID and password to log into Enroll and Pay, their KU email, and other KU systems.


Delegate Access for Parents/Guardians

A delegate is a person your student allows access to certain information protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). With delegate status, you can access information in Enroll & Pay and talk to KU staff members via phone, email, or in-person about such topics as enrollment, course schedules, bills, grades, etc.

Because of FERPA regulations, ALL communication from KU will go directly to your student. For example, when a bill is generated, your student will receive notification about the bill, payment process, and deadline in their KU email account. Within KU operations and systems, a Jayhawk Blueprint student receives communication in the same way any other KU student does.

We strongly encourage students to set up delegate access for their parent/guardian once they have a KU ID number.

Tuition & Bills


Jayhawk Blueprint students receive discounted tuition rate of $103 per credit hour. To calculate total tuition for a semester, take the total number of credits and multiply that number by $103. For example, a 3-credit hour course costs $309.

Notice: MATH 101 and BIOL 100/102 are year-long courses taught throughout the fall and spring semesters; therefore, tuition for these courses are only applied in the fall.


After a student is officially enrolled in a Jayhawk Blueprint course by KU staff members, tuition will be applied to their financial statement in Enroll & Pay. The payment is due on the 15th day of the month following the date of enrollment. You and your student should look for emails from KU and USD 497 regarding applied tuition, due dates, etc., as this information will be sent once enrollment has been processed.

Late Fees

KU will apply a $100 late payment fee for the first and second month of the fall and spring terms for any unpaid tuition and fee balances and, thereafter, a 1.5% monthly assessment if a bill still is not paid. Bills must be paid on-time, or late fees will be applied!

Unpaid Bills

Until a bill is paid, the following may occur:

  • Students will not be able to enroll in future Jayhawk Blueprint courses or any other courses at KU.
  • Those students needing a transcript to transfer credits to another institution will not be able to have a transcript processed.
  • The bill may be sent to a collection agency, which could impact your student's credit.