KU Email & Communication
Once admitted to KU as a non-degree seeking student, you will start receiving important information that will be sent to your KU email account such as tuition bills and payment deadlines. To keep from missing valuable communication, you need to either check your KU email often or forward KU emails to another non-USD 497 email account that you do check regularly.
Forwarding your KU Email to Another Account
If you do not plan to check your KU email often, forward your KU email to another account that is not your USD 497 account. For step-by-step instructions, check out the instructions below or the instructional video.
Text Only Instructions on Forwarding Your KU Email
- Go to outlook.office.com/mail to log in to your KU email account using your KU online ID and password.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click the “Settings” gear.
- Next, in the "Layout" navigation, click "Forwarding."
- Check the “Enable forwarding” box, and type your personal email into the “Forward my email to” box.
- Type an email address that you check regularly that is not your USD 497 email address, such as a Gmail or other Outlook address.
- Remember to check your junk or spam folder regularly to make sure you don’t miss an important message.